Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wish I Was Setting Up My Classroom!

I can't believe it's almost time for a new school year to begin! I'm definitely starting to think about how I want my classroom to look this year. I could honestly spend all day looking at the classroom pictures on Clutter-Free Classroom's blog.

So, I stopped by school today to get an update on my room. It's still not ready! They have just started installing new windows, and after that they need to clean and wax my floors. With kindergarten orientation in exactly 3 weeks, I am desperate to start getting set up! The classroom is a disaster-boxes cover one entire wall and all the furniture is huddled together in a pile on the other side of the room!


This is only my 7th year teaching, but already this is my 5th classroom. I'm ready to settle into this classroom and not move grade levels or schools for a long time! To make myself feel better, I took some measurements and made a floor plan for where I think I want the furniture to go. I think a trip to Target would also take my mind off this nightmare of a classroom!

I hope your classrooms look better than mine!

2 comments:

  1. Meredith, When you go to Target make sure you check the party favor section. I just stumbled into this section yesterday. My Target has $2 and $3 packaged favors. I found several items for my class (magic wands, small balls; but I was good and passed on the crowns - even though it would be so fun for me to wear one!)
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Camille! I will definitely have to check that out! I would love to have some magic wands to use as pointers.

    ReplyDelete