Monday, July 4, 2011

Organizing My Math Supplies

I have been having the best time this summer reading everyone's blog posts on Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations. This book has really motivated me to better organize all of my math supplies. For the last few years I have kept most of my supplies in my closet in a disorganized mess and then put just the most frequently used items (cubes, bears, pattern blocks) on a shelf that holds my regular supplies (markers, glue, etc.).
I haven't been able to get into my classroom yet this summer (my room is a bit of a nightmare as they are installing new windows) but once I am able to start setting up my classroom I think it is time for a change. My new plan to is to put all of my math supplies together on one shelf and keep it nice and tidy so the kids and I can find whatever we need for work stations! I even made some math labels for my math bins that have both pictures and words so they will be easy for my kinders to read.
Click here if you'd like your own copy of these math labels. Good luck to everyone who's working on classroom organization this summer-leave a comment if you have any good tips for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment